Thank you for indicating your interest in becoming an Online Missionary with Global Media Outreach, through Boonsboro Bible Church. At the bottom of this page is a link to start the application process to become an Online Missionary. When you access your application please make sure you have enough time to complete it because it will not save. You might want to save your work in a Word document as you go just in case.
You are about to embark on an in depth Online Missionary application and training process that we have found both helpful and necessary to safeguard and maintain the Biblical integrity of our Online Missionary program. At times it may seem a bit overwhelming but do not worry, if I can do it you can too. The trainers are great and very knowledgeable and if you get stuck or have a question they’re always there. I will be waiting for you at the finish line and at that time we will begin to respond to people reaching out for Christ from all over the world!
- You will be asked to provide the names and emails of two spiritual leaders (such as your Bible study leader, mentor or pastor) who can tell us about your spiritual walk. This should NOT be an immediate family member.
IMPORTANT: Just a word of advice that I learned the hard way, Make sure you notify your Spiritual references that you are giving out their email addresses and inform them to be on the lookout for the Global Media Outreach request for your reference. They may need to check their spam folder as well as their regular inbox Until GMO receives these responses you will not be able to proceed with any training so it is important to make sure everyone involved is notified.
- Due to legal restrictions, our Online Missionaries must meet the minimum requirement of being at least 18 years of age.
- You must have reliable access to the internet and agree to check your account regularly (at least 3 times a week).
- Online Missionaries should be a follower of Christ for at least two years. Our Online Missionaries minister to people with a wide variety of needs and questions, so it is important to have had a significant experience in walking with the Lord.
- As soon as your application is approved, you will be sent a link to an online training website that you can complete at one sitting, or in several shorter sessions. When you complete the online training, you will be assigned to a temporary training community for your first four weeks where you will begin to respond online to people seeking Christ from all over the world! Your “Training” Community Leader is extremely knowledgeable and is there to help you become successful and confident in answering the inquiries you will get. He, or she, has volunteered to be available and to assist you if you are stuck or have a question.
- At the end of the temporary training community, you will be assigned to the Boonsboro Bible Church Online Missionary Community.
For more information, please click on the globe and go to “Get Involved” to apply and get started with this exciting ministry.
So there you go, I don’t know about you but for me, I believe that this is an exciting ministry opportunity to carry out the Great Commission of Jesus Christ to “Go into all the world and preach the gospel…”
Pastor Rob Welty